Thursday, December 10, 2009

La Route



I couldn’t help but to acknowledge the parallels between McCarthy’s dismal novel “The Road” the film “la route” currently being released in Paris and my own bi-monthly trek to the southwest of France to visit my quasi-step-children. (Not that I’m comparing France or my weekends with ‘the kids’ and ‘my man’ to a post-apocalyptic-dooms-day scenario. Or am I?)
We pass this tree around mid-trip and I’m always awestruck by the obvious juxtaposition of man vs. nature in which the irony of the foreshadowed-destruction-of-the-planet moment seems so overdone here it’s almost cartoony. OR perhaps it’s an allegory in perseverance. Depends I suppose on how you view your glass. In any event this past Friday I finally scrambled quick enough with my camera to capture “my tree” from the car as we sped past.

No comments: